According to the Zoning By-law, a "Dwelling, multiple-unit", means a building containing three (3) or more dwelling units, each unit designed for and used by one (1) family. Access can be from an interior corridor or direct from the outside of the unit.
When Multi Unit Dwellings are “P” Permitted in a zone according to the Zoning By-law, a Major Development Permit is required.
When Multi Unit Dwellings are “C” Conditional in a zone according to the Zoning By-law, a Conditional Use is required.
All applications for Multi Unit Residential Development with the Planning Department must be submitted to Cloudpermit.
To get started with Cloudpermit, you will need to create an account. You will require a valid email address to use the system.
- Go to the Cloudpermit site at https://ca.cloudpermit.com/login
- Click on “Create a New Account” found under the “Continue” arrow.
- Provide your email address.
- Cloudpermit will send an email to the address you have provided.
- Open the email and complete the registration process. The next time you visit the site, you'll login using your email and password.
- Login to Cloudpermit. It should say "My Dashboard" on the upper left-hand corner.
- In "My Dashboard" click the "Create a New Application" button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Province and Municipality from the drop down menus (Select "Manitoba" and "Rural Municipality of Taché")
- Click the "Planning Approval" box and then click the "Create Application" button.
- If Multi Unit Dwellings are Permitted in the zone of the property, select "Development Permit" from the list of application categories. Then select "Multi unit residential."
- If Multi Unit Dwellings are Conditional in the zone of the property, select "Conditional Uses" from the list of application categories. Then select "Multi unit residential."
- At the bottom, you can select "Yes" or "no" to engage in a pre-consultation application and/or meeting with the Municipality. Then click "Next."
- Create a New Project and give it a name that relates to the project with the address. The project name can be changed at a later date. Then click "Next."
- Provide the Location where the work will be taking place. You can then type in your address, roll number or you can find your property on the map. All the fields with an asterisk must be completed. Then click "Next."
- At this point, you'll see a Summary. Check if the information is accurate. If you need to make changes, use the "Back" button. If everything is correct, click "Finish & Create."
Note: Cloudpermit sends email notification indicating the status of your application and what actions may be required of you. Make sure to click "Yes" toggle for Email notifications, located in the upper-left hand corner on the application page/workspace. In addition, you can send a message to our department regarding a specific application within the workspace for that application.
Each Multi Unit being proposed are required to pay a Capital Levy Fee for each unit. The rates vary based on the location of the units. See the Dedication/Capital Levy Fee By-law below:
The Planning Committee is comprised of members of Council and the LUD Committees of Lorette and Landmark. The Planning Committee review applications for Multi Unit Residential creating 10 or more units that requires a Conditional Use Application. They will review the proposals prior to, or after, a formal application has been made.
Note: Every application will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and Administration may require an application not listed above to be reviewed by the Planning Committee to provide recommendation to Council.