Main content of the website

Agricultural Buildings

Agricultural buildings less than 600 m2  in size receive their development permits through the RM of Taché. Farm buildings in excess of 600 m2  are regulated by the RM of Hanover. In both cases the RM of Taché must grant a development permit for the construction of the proposed building. This will be required before the RM of Hanover will accept a building permit application form. A development permit confirms that the proposed building complies with all of the RM of Taché zoning requirements and allows the Municipality to determine if variances or conditional use orders are required prior to building. If the RM of Taché is issuing the building permit, the development permit is part of the building permit. 

When deciding whether the RM of Taché has jurisdiction over a project, the whole size of the building is taken into account. This means that even if an addition itself is less than 600 m2  it might still have to be permitted by the RM of Hanover. If the existing building already exceeds 600 m2  or the proposed addition will bring the total area up to or over 600 m2  it must be applied for through the RM of Hanover.

You may contact the RM of Hanover at:
28 Westland Drive
Mitchell MB R5G 2N9

Telephone: (204)326-4488

Fax: (204)326-4830

For further building inquiries or to obtain a Building and/or Development Permit please contact:

Sheila Paterson - Building Administrative Assistant
204-878-3321 ext 106


Dave Turcotte - Building Inspector
204-878-3321 ext 107

Please allow 48 hours notice for a building inspection.