R.M. of Taché Fire Department
Message from the Fire Chief
Welcome to the Rural Municipality of Taché Fire Department website. The department consists of 45 paid on call firefighters. We proudly serve our community and are based out of three fire halls; Lorette, Landmark and Ste. Geneviève. The fire department was started in 1960 and since that time, the community has been very supportive. Our average annual call volume is 150+ which include structure fires, motor vehicle collisions, hazardous-material, wildland, and EMS assist to name a few. We are very proud of our community and our department.
The mission of the Fire Department is to protect the lives and property of the people of the Rural Municipality of Taché. We will, provide exceptional firefighting services, assist emergency medical services, extrication, hazardous material response and wildland firefighting. We will provide prevention and education programs to the community and will provide a work environment that values cultural diversity and is free of harassment and discrimination.
To continually exceed our community’s expectations to protect life, property, and the environment. Provide our members with the skills, tools, and equipment to protect our community. Maintain a respectful and compassionate environment among all members.
The following shared values define how we act, they hold us accountable and they drive our daily decision making:
• We value trust and understand that honesty, respect and integrity are key values that foster our trust.
• We value teamwork, the well-being of our team and each member within that team.
• We value our service traditions, our history and at the same time, we value the need for quality service improvements and innovation.
• We value our diverse citizens and communities and every public interaction is treated as an opportunity to achieve our mission.
• We value personal accountability and professional responsibility. Our words and actions are consistently congruent.
• We value the provision of education and training opportunities for our employees.
• We value comraderie where humour and fun contribute to a collegial and supportive work environment.
Municipal Fire Chief - Allan Rau