Rural Municipality of Taché

Recreation

Museums
Site historique Monseigneur-Taché

Location: 
98 Saltel Street / 98, rue Saltel Ste. Genevieve, MB
Contact/ Personne contacte: Virginia Freynet 
Ph/Tél: 204-422-8508
 
The Municipality was formed by an Act of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba in May, 1880 A.D, and was names after Archbishop Alexandre Antonin Taché to recognize his work as a missionary, and for his help to the settlers in this part of the province. 
On September 12, 1989, the Council of the RM of Taché designated the entire site of the Parish of Saint Genevieve a municipal heritage site. 
The Church and rectory were constructed in 1918, and now house a museum that contains many interesting artifacts, including some of the items used by Archbishop Taché, whom the site was also named after. 
The museum honours the pioneers who traveled by river and by land to settle at the very edge of the open prairie and build the communities that surround us today. To acknowledge their contribution in building our first road, school and community, we dedicate this museum.