The Planning & Development Officers and the Building Inspector both issue Development Permits. Development Permits for buildings/structures are issued by the Building Inspector and Development Permits for land uses are issued by the Planning & Development Officers.
Development Permits for buildings/structures are issued by the Building Inspector and include but are not limited to: (All sections referenced are in the Zoning By-law)
- Agricultural (Farm) Buildings
- Shipping Containers (For construction purposes only - See Section 3.2.7 (1-3) Temporary Buildings, Structures and Uses)
- Buildings/structures with floor area greater than 600 meters square (6,458 square feet)
- Solar Panels (See Section 3.2.6 (5-8) Solar Collectors, Private Windmills and Natural Energy Devices)
- Signs (See Section 3.1.2 Sign Regulations)
- Private Swimming Pools
Development Permits for land uses
are issued by the Planning & Development Officers and include:
- Permitted Home Occupations and Home Businesses (See Section 3.2.2 Home Occupations and Home Business)
- Hobby Poultry (See Section 3.2.3 Hobby Poultry)
- Keeping of Animals (See Section 3.2.4 Keeping of Animals)
- Backyard Beekeeping (See Section 3.2.5 Backyard Beekeeping)
See Section 2.8(2) Development Permits in the Zoning By-law and contact the Planning & Development Department for more information.