If you are experiencing an emergency and require paramedic and ambulance services, fire department or police services please dial 911
Lorette RCMP Satellite Office located at 1393 Dawson Road is now staffed with a clerk during the following office hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Basic criminal record check applications will be accepted. For more information, please call 204-878-9155.
With the summer now behind us and the kids back in school, there are some simple things that you can do to reduce your risks during the fall and winter months.
- Make it look like someone is still home if you are away. Have someone pick up the mail for you, mow the lawn, shovel snow off the driveway and sidewalks and keep your lights set on a timer at irregular intervals.
- Be a good neighbour and keep your eyes open for any suspicious activity.
- Slow down, with school back in session, there are lots of children outside. Motorists need to slow down and keep a watchful eye as the new speed zones are now in effect in the community.
- Lock your vehicle doors and remove all valuables from view and from your vehicle.
- Hide your spare keys outside of your home. Under a mat, in a planter or in a mailbox are not places for a spare key. If you need to have spare keys available, leave them with friends, family, or a trusted neighbour.
- Place your vacation plans on social media or on voicemail greetings. Save the pictures and details until you return home.
- Leave valuables in your driveway or yard; these are prime targets for thieves. Be sure to park bikes out of site, and put tools and toys away when you’re finished with them.
- Leave your garage or front door open while in the back yard. It doesn’t take long for a thief to slip in and out of your home.
Should you require further information please contact our detachment directly at (204) 433-7908.