The LUD Committees for Landmark & Lorette in conjunction with the Province of Manitoba has implemented a program to encourage homeowners to upgrade their homes to the current building code standards. Homes built after 2001 must have a sump pump and a proper sewer backup valve. This valve must be an inline valve as the rubber stopper type is not sufficient to protect your home.
Discharging weeping tile water onto property other than your own is prohibited. Homeowners currently discharging surface and/or sump pump water onto swales and/or immediately onto street surfaces must discontinue doing so and comply with the above specifications immediately. The program will pay up to 60% to a maximum of $1,000.00 toward the purchase and installation of an approved in-line backwater valve and up to $2,000.00 toward the installation of a sump pump and pit drainage system.
The following conditions apply to qualify for funding:
- Plumbing permit must be applied for through the Municipal Office prior to undertaking the work. No charge for permit.
- The work area must be inspected by the Municipal Building Inspector prior to commencement and upon completion of work.
- The work must meet servicing standard and code to qualify for funding.
- Submission of original invoices must be no later than 10 days after completion of the work.
- The program is limited to a maximum number of applications per year.
- New home construction does not qualify for this incentive.
To apply for the credit
- Download the rebate application form
- Mail or drop off the completed application form and original sales receipts to:
- R.M. of Taché - Sump Pump/Back up Valve Rebate Program
- 1294 Dawson Road, Box 100
- Lorette, Manitoba
- R0A 0Y0
Inquiries regarding the program may be directed to Jeanette at the Municipal Office at 878-3321 ext.2 or by email at email@example.com